Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services
Next programme intake
We are now welcoming registrations for our new Academic Year 2019/2020
Who is this programme for?
The programme is highly relevant for:
The Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services is aimed at management level roles in banks and financial institutions (Managers level 2&3 in banks) and those who aspire to these and higher positions.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, you will have:
– Describe and explain the challenges and opportunities provided by integrating data and advanced analytics in the provision and management of financial services
– Examine current practice pertaining to data and analytics in a financial services enterprise or unit and recommend enhancements in design, skills base to ensure the unit provides a competitive service
–Analyse the impact of a data driven culture and the business drivers in facilitating effective use of data and analytics tools and processes in financial services
–Identify the key features of and evaluate the procedures / new technologies within an organisation which assists and empowers its personnel / business units as they learn to use data and analytics in their everyday work
– Communicate clearly (using appropriate media) to pertinent stakeholders the impact of data and analytics on financial services and products design and delivery
–Critically reflect on their professional role and contribution to financial organisations in the context of the application of data and analytics technologies and systems in financial services (and related sectors) and the implications arising from such developments.
You study three modules:
• Strategy and Culture in a Data and Analytics Environment (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
• Talent and Assets Management (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
• Driving Business Outcomes (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services(level 9) from UCD.
• 100% continuous assessment
• The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy
a) An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a business or relevant cognate discipline or
b) An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a non-business (or relevant cognate) discipline plus three years’ experience in a relevant role in financial services or.
c) Exceptionally, students without a third level qualification but with extensive and demonstrable relevant financial services experience may also be admitted to the programme on a case-by case basis
€ 1600 per module
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
You may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.