Who is this programme for?
The Professional Certificate in Retail Banking Practice will be of interest to branch officials and front line roles including call centre operatives.
How you will benefit
The programme will provide you with an understanding of retail banking, the products and services offered by retail banks and the legislative and regulatory instruments affecting those products and the delivery of those services.
The programme has a customer service focus and relates the products and services for retail bank customers to the regulation and legislation governing their design, sale and post-sale service.
It will enable you to deliver a high standard of retail banking services to customers in ways which mitigate the risks in retail banking which legislation and regulation seek to prevent.
You study three modules:
- Introduction to Retail Banking Regulation (UK), Products and Services (5 ECTS)
- Retail Banking Product and Service Regulatory Requirements (UK) (5 ECTS)
- Retail Conduct Risk and Customer Services Practice (5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Retail Banking Practice from UCD.
Online and workshops
Assessment structure for the Introduction to Retail Banking Regulation (UK), Products and Services module and the Retail Banking Product and Service Regulatory Requirements (UK) module includes:
- End of semester examinations
- Written, essay style questions
- Exam duration: 120 minutes
The assessment structure for Retail Banking Conduct Risk and Customer Service Practice includes:
- 50% exam
- 50% continuous assessment (10% assignment plan and 40% assignment).
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The minimum second level educational requirements for entry are as follows:
- Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
- Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
- €510 per module
Professional body membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
If you are a CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.