Who is this programme for?
The Professional Certificate in Pensions, a single-module level 7 qualification, addresses the need within stockbroking and asset management firms for individuals with the expertise to advise on pensions and retirement provisions.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, and on attaining the recognised professional designation APA, you will be able to:
- Describe the financial need for retirement provision, and the different ways in which such provision can be made
- Explain the eligibility, main features, benefits and taxation treatment of individual, employer and state sponsored retirement benefit arrangements
- Identify the main regulatory restrictions applicable to individual and employer sponsored retirement benefit arrangements.
- Discuss and demonstrate the impact of taxation, legislation and the regulatory framework on the provision of individual and employer sponsored retirement benefit arrangements and the options available to individuals in relation to such arrangements
Minimum Competency Code
Registered stockbrokers or holders of the Professional Certificate in Stockbroking who successfully complete the Professional Certificate in Pensions and apply for the attaching APA designation satisfy the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code for those who wish to sell, advise on or undertake specified functions, for the category of retail financial product ‘Pensions’.
Holders of the certificate are invited to apply for the APA (Pensions) designation. Continued use of the designation is subject to meeting annual CPD requirements.
- Pensions (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Two-hour exam at the end of the semester
- The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions
- The pass mark is 40%
Registered Stockbrokers or holders of the Professional Certificate in Stockbroking are eligible to enrol for the Professional Certificate in Pensions.
You must be a member of the Institute or become a member to do this programme.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
If you are a CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.
If you would like to Express an Interest in this programme please click here