Lifelong learning is vital for our professional community. Continuing professional development (CPD) helps you maintain and increase the knowledge and competence you gain from both formal study and professional experience.
Keeping your qualifications and knowledge up to date enables you to meet and exceed customer and regulatory requirements.
Our CPD programmes not only help you to meet your regulated CPD requirements under the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code, but also help you to develop as a financial services professional.
If you are an existing CPD member please log in to My Institute at the top of this page to view your hours and access CPD supports including online eCPD modules and CPD documents.
Gain a professional designation
More than 23,500 of our members are undertaking CPD. Our CPD programmes support a range of professional designations. You can become a:
- Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA) when you complete the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice
- Accredited Product Adviser (APA) when you complete one of the following programmes:
- Professional Certificate in Financial Advice
- Professional Certificate in Consumer Credit
- Professional Certificate in Stockbroking
- Professional Certificate in Pensions
- Professional Certificate in General Insurance (for QFAs)
- Debt Management Services
- Professional Certificate in Personal Debt Management and Personal Insolvency
- Registered Stockbroker when you complete the Professional Certificate in Stockbroking
- Professional Banker when you complete the Professional Diploma in Financial Services
- Chartered Banker when you complete relevant modules on one of the following programmes:
- LCOI (managed on behalf of the ACOI) when you complete the Professional Diploma in Compliance
- CDPO (offered jointly with ACOI) when you complete the Professional Certificate in Data Protection
- CFCPP (offered jointly with ACOI) when you complete the Professional Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
- FCOI (offered jointly with ACOI) when you complete MSc in Compliance
- SIA when you complete the Professional Certificate in Asset Management
- Certified Bank Director when you complete the Certified Bank Director programme
- Certified Investment Fund Director when you complete the Certified Investment Fund Director programme
We also run a scheme for those grandfathered under the Central Bank’s Minimum Competency Code.
Helping you with CPD
Our CPD supports include a suite of online CPD modules (eCPD), which cover:
- Financial services regulation
- Retail products
- Other relevant areas.
The CPD supports also include:
- Seminars and live CPD webinars presented by leading industry experts and practitioners
- Accreditation of relevant in-company and other external training and events
- An online CPD record where you can manage and record your hours, and make your annual CPD return
- Compliance reporting for financial services firms.
The Institute has the largest CPD management system in Ireland with 23,500 registered members.
If you would like to know more about our programmes and the professional designations leading from them, click the links above.