We are currently accepting applications for this programme commencing in October 2019
About this programme
The Institute of Banking and UCD College of Business are delighted to launch this Professional Diploma in Advanced Operational Risk Management in Financial Services. This programme showcases extensive academic thinking and rigor as well as unique, realworld insights from our partners Bank of Ireland, Citi and Deloitte.
Who is this programme for?
The Professional Diploma in Advanced Operational Risk Management in Financial Services has been designed in conjunction with operational risk management professionals, working in financial services and leading academics in operational risk management. It will equip participants with a deep, practical understanding of operational risk management frameworks and measurement methodologies in financial institutions. This qualification is the benchmark operational risk qualification recognised in the Irish financial services industry.
How you will benefit
This specialist programme will provide you with:
– A deep and practical understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of operational risk management
– Global best practice tools for the identification, assessment, measurement and management of operational risks
– Insights into latest academic thinking in areas such AI applications to operational risk management and emerging machine learning models
– A thorough understanding of the key practical and relevant operational risks facing banking professionals in Ireland today including inter alia: financial crime prevention/AML/CFT, KYC, external and internal fraud, information security, IT resilience, cybercrime, outsourcing, business continuity planning, data quality, data protection, impact on capital and other practical areas
– Knowledge and skills to capture, report and investigate operational risk events, how to produce meaningful risk MI including Key Risk Indicator (KRI) data and trend analysis, and how to implement operational risk appetite
– Tools to identify, measure and mitigate risks and thereby improve business performance
– Enhanced business judgement, critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
You will study four modules:
01 Risk Governance, Culture, Business and Enterprise Risk Management (10 ECTS) Runs from Oct 2019 to Jan 2020
02 Operational Risk and Capital Markets (5 ECTS) Runs from Feb 2020 to May 2020
03 Strategic Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Reputational Risk Management (10 ECTS) Runs from June 2020 to Sept 2020
04 Alert Models and Operational Risk Management (5 ECTS) Runs from Oct 2020 to Jan 2021
When you successfully complete this module, you will be awarded the Professional Diploma in Advanced Operational Risk Management in Financial Services (level 9) from UCD.
This programme is delivered on a part-time basis and for each module, lectures will take place in Dublin city centre (IFSC).
Each 5 ECTS module comprises of up to 15 delivery hours per semester (i.e. up to 5 evenings) and each 10 ECTS module comprises of up to 30 delivery hours per semester (i.e. up to 10 evenings).
From September 2019, the programme will be delivered over four semesters.
The programme will commence with Module 01 Risk Governance, Culture, Business and Enterprise Risk Management.
Assessment is a combination of continuous assessment and end of semester exams.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
a) Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in business or in a relevant cognate discipline or
b) A non- business honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) with three years financial services experience or
c) Admission many also be considered for experienced professionals who do not meet the admission requirements as set out above, where they can demonstrate knowledge through their work i.e they have significant experience in a senior role and have responsibility for risk- decision making
Professional body membership
You must be a current member of The Institute of Banking, or become a member, to register for this programme. Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
01 Risk Governance, Culture, Business and Enterprise Risk Management (10 ECTS) €1,100
02 Operational Risk and Capital Markets (5 ECTS) €550
03 Strategic Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Reputational Risk Management (10 ECTS) €1,100
04 Alert Models and Operational Risk Management (5 ECTS) €550