Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services
The Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services is aimed at management level roles in banks and financial institutions (Managers level 2&3 in banks) and those who aspire to these and higher positions.
We are now welcoming registrations for our new Academic Year (2019/2020)
The business intelligence that can be gleaned by organisations whose leaders can effectively and efficiently harness the potential of data and analytics, is enormous. As cognitive technologies are incorporated into organisations, the technology is often not the obstacle, however, having the strategic foresight to unlock the opportunity data presents can present a challenge. This Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services is a Level 9 programme is for those of you who are leaders, and aspiring leaders in financial services who could leverage data to enhance market insights and client and customer relationships and acquisition.
Benefits to you and your organisation
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to;
- Describe and explain the challenges and opportunities provided by integrating data and advanced analytics in the provision and management of financial service
- Examine current practice pertaining to data and analytics in a financial services enterprise or unit and recommend enhancements in design, skills base to ensure the unit provides a competitive service
- Analyse the impact of a data driven culture and the business drivers in facilitating effective use of data and analytics tools and processes in financial services
- Identify the key features of and evaluate the procedures / new technologies within an organisation which assists and empowers its personnel / business units as they learn to use data and analytics in their everyday work
- Communicate clearly (using appropriate media) to pertinent stakeholders the impact of data and analytics on financial services and products design and delivery
- Critically reflect on their professional role and contribution to financial organisations in the context of the application of data and analytics technologies and systems in financial services (and related sectors) and the implications arising from such developments.
Rather than focusing on data science, this programme is for business leaders, and those with internal or client facing reporting functions who are interested in developing the skills to build a data and analytics strategy and mindset across a unit, function, or enterprise. The best practice in data and analytics will also be explored as will the data architecture and risk management considerations. Finally, you will be equipped to drive business outcomes and be positioned to take advantage of future developments, and predictive opportunities in data and analytics.
You study three modules:
01. Strategy and Culture in a Data and Analytics Environment (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- The data and analytics environment
- Building a data and analytics strategy
- The data and analytics mindset
02. Talent and Assets Management (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Best Practices in Data Management
- Data and Analytics Architecture and Technologies
- Managing Risk - Data & Analytics
03. Using data to drive business outcomes (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Leveraging Data & Analytics – Skills, Methods and Tools
- Driving Business Outcomes
- Future developments in Data & Analytics
View all modules, themes and topics in more detail;
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Diploma in Data and Analytics in Financial Services(level 9) from UCD.
• 100% continuous assessment
• The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy
- An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a business or relevant cognate discipline
- An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a non-business (or relevant cognate) discipline plus three years’ experience in a relevant role in financial services
- Exceptionally, students without a third level qualification but with extensive and demonstrable relevant financial services experience may also be admitted to the programme on a case-by case basis
€ 1600 per module.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
Continuous Professional Development
You may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Interested? Next steps
This programme is open for registrations, apply online today.
For more information, you can express an interest or to discuss this programme relevant to your specific needs and level of expertise, you can contact: Laura Finnegan Programme Manager E: [email protected]