Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation in Financial Services
This programme is relevant to all areas of the financial services sector, in particular international financial services, fund management and all areas of banking. Learners will be at managerial and leadership level or aspiring to a leadership role.
We are now welcoming registrations for our new Academic Year (2019/2020)
While financial services organisations have begun to embark on their digital transformation journeys, there are challenges. Legacy systems, processes, and crucially, thought leadership has significant impact on the success of transformation initiatives. Client and customers’ expectations and business efficiencies are the two big drivers that are dominating the digital transformation agenda. This programme is designed to give you the skills to succeed in the opportunistic environment that digital transformation presents, by enabling you to create a strategic transformation approach and to build a dynamic and agile culture in your team, unit or enterprise.
Benefits to you and your organisation
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to;
Explain the theory and practice underpinning Digital Transformation and the reasons why digital technology is changing business strategy
Outline how the application of advanced analytics and cognitive technologies can drive operating efficiencies and enhance an organisation’s value proposition
Design a strategy for a radical simplification programme in a financial services organisation
Ascertain and evaluate the strategic challenges and opportunities of Digital Transformation for financial services organisations (traditional and FinTechs)
Communicate the current financial services ecosystem, to specialist and non-specialists, along with illustrating how emerging technologies impact financial services organisations
Critically reflect on their professional role and contribution to financial organisations in the context of Digital Transformation (DT) in financial services (and related sectors).
"Immersing in customer needs, taking advantage of new technologies, driving efficiencies and transparency while building value for customers and communities are but some of the objectives we need to harness and execute against. The programme will enable current and future financial services leaders, across the sector, conceptualise, define and execute transformation”.
Garvan Callan Strategist, Innovator and Transformation Advisor Principle - ONEzero1
You study three modules as follows:
01. Strategy and Culture in a Digital Transformation Environment (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- The Digital & Open Marketplace
- Building a Digital Transformatino Strategy
- Developing a Digital Culture
02. Digital Assets and Operating Model (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- The Digital Business Model
- The Digital Operating Model
- Digital Asset Management
03. Designing and Delivering Digital Transformation (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Digital Transformation - Skills, Methods & Tools
- Executing Digital Transformation
- Driving Business Outcomes
View all modules, themes and topics in more detail;
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Diploma in Digital Transformation in Financial Services (level 9) from UCD.
Curriculum & Assessment
100% Continuous Assessment.
The minimum entry requirements are;
- An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a business or relevant cognate discipline
- An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a non-business (or relevant cognate) discipline plus three years’ experience in a relevant role in financial services
- Exceptionally, students without a third level qualification but with extensive and demonstrable relevant financial services experience may also be admitted to the programme on a case-by case basis
€1,600 per module
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of The Institute or become a member to undertake this programme. Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
Interested? Next steps
This programme is opend for registratons, book online today.
For more information, you can express an interest or to discuss this programme relevant to your specific needs and level of expertise, you can contact: Sinéad O’Reilly Programme Manager E: [email protected]