Who is this programme for?
The Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services is aimed at senior managers in financial services working across a range of roles and functions. The programme will provide senior managers with the knowledge and tools to lead and embed effective cultures in their organisations.
The ACOI and IOB strongly believe in the potential of these programmes and the broader role of education in helping to raise professional standards.
How you will benefit
On completing the Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services graduates will be able to:
– Explain the theory and practice underpinning culture, ethics, leadership, behavioural change, supervision in the context of financial services sector and institutions
– Outline the implications of ethical theories and behaviour and evaluate the intended and unintended consequences of proposed resolutions to ethical dilemmas and decisions affecting customers, shareholders and the public good
– Ascertain an institution’s cultural behaviour, applying pertinent tools, models or frameworks
– Assess the impact of group dynamics and behaviours on board or team decision-making
– Evaluate existing policies and practices taking account of the commercial, consumer protection and societal imperatives in the context of delivering cultural change
– Appraise usefulness or otherwise of moral rules, codes, standards or principals in leading and delivering cultural change
– Communicate to internal and external stakeholders how cultural and ethical behavioural change can be addressed and facilitated to deliver outcomes in the best interest of the company, customers and society
– Engage in self-reflection on ethical and cultural decision-making, in their role as leaders of cultural change.
You will study three modules:
01 Ethical Practice in Financial Services
02 Decision Making, Group Dynamics, and Behaviour
03 Leading and Implementing Cultural Change
Upon successful completion of the programme you will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services from UCD.
This is a level 9 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications and carries 30 ECTS
Members who complete the Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services will be invited to apply for the designation CEP – Certified Ethical Practitioner and must meet CPD requirement.
The modules are assessed by:
Appropriate learning tasks and activities will be assigned regularly to monitor student learning and provide feedback.
Students completing the programme will be assessed in a variety of ways – continuous assessment components will include completing practical projects, reflective journals and critical writing.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
Students seeking admission to the Professional Diploma in Leading Cultural Change and Ethical Behaviour in Financial Services must have:
a) An Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial services
b) Significant professional experience in financial services in a senior management role (level of experience to be considered on a case-by-case basis)
Professional body membership
You must be a current member of The Institute of Banking or the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland, ACOI, to register to the programme.
On registering to the programme you can avail of membership services of both organisations. Further information will be provided.
The programme fees are €4,350 (€1,450 per module).
Part-funding may be available for eligible applicants through Summit Finuas Skillnet.