Who is this programme for?
The Professional Diploma in International Investment Fund Services is for fund industry professionals with a number of years’ experience who are in team leadership or supervisory roles with responsibility for fund administration processes or functions (e.g. Transfer Agency/ Valuations) domestically or have oversight of those functions carried out in outsourced providers globally.
On successful completion of this specialist programme you will have:
– A thorough understanding of extant fund types and legal structures and the regulatory obligations applicable to each form
– Knowledge of emerging regulatory and legislative developments and the ability to evaluate the implications for affected sectors of the industry and its clients
– A technical understanding for the full range of services provided by the industry, the functions of the main service providers and supervisors and interrelationships between
– The knowledge and skills to lead teams involved in the delivery of fund services
– Deeper insight into how the services provided by the industry are managed and what strategies are used to achieve strategic outcomes, including government strategy for international fund services
– An understanding of the internal and external risks in fund services and the tools and techniques used to identify, assess and mitigate such risks, including relevant risk management systems
– Evaluative skills to assess the implications of emerging legal and regulatory developments from the perspective of competitive positioning and customer service and protection
– Evaluative skills to assess the operational risk impact on the operation of the fund and wider society
– The ability to justify the rationale for operational processes and practice in light of regulatory, commercial, legal and tax considerations
– An understanding of the implications of emerging legal and regulatory developments.
You will study three modules:
– Legal and Regulatory Framework for International Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
– Management and Operations of International Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8,10 ECTS)
– Risk Management in International Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
It is strongly recommended before applying to this programme that you have successfully undertaken the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services.
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Diploma
in International Investment Fund Services (level 8) from UCD.
A combination of continuous assessment ans end of semester two hour written exam.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
a) Individuals seeking admission to the Professional Diploma in International Investment Fund Services will have an honours degree (minimum H2.2, Level 8 NFQ) or
b) Two years’ experience in the funds industry and completed the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services (15 ECTS, Level 7).
c) Admission will also be considered from experienced professionals who do not meet the minimum admission requirements as set out above, who can demonstrate learning
based on work experience and training.
You must be a current member of the Institute, or become a member, to undertake this programme, unless registering with IFS Skillnet.
If you are a QFA, CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete this qualification.
Further information is available here.