Next programme intake
This programme has now closed for 18/19, if you would like to register for the new academic year 19/20 please express an interest below.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is relevant to virtually every sector in financial services. Financial crime is an escalating worldwide problem, unrestricted by jurisdictions and physical boundaries. Preventative measures including educating staff on financial crime awareness and detection are key defenses.
The Professional Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention addresses the main types of financial crime as well as the policies, procedures and internal controls intended to prevent it.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Explain the nature of financial crime and describe its manifestations in financial services;
- Outline the legal and regulatory frameworks relating to financial crime;
- Identify different types of financial crime and money laundering activities perpetrated against financial services providers;
- Analyse the risks of financial crime to financial services providers and implement controls, policies and procedures to mitigate the risks and prevent financial crime
You study one module:
- Financial Crime Prevention (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
Written Continuous Assessment 15%
Two-hour exam at the end of the semester 85%
The exam consists of written essay-style questions
The pass mark is 40%
The minimum entry requirements are as follows:
• Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
• Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
If you are a QFA, CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete this qualification.
Further information is available here.
If you would like to Express an Interest in this programme please click here