Who is this programme for?
The MSc in Compliance is designed to give Compliance and other control professionals the knowledge and skills they need to implement effective compliance structures and enhance the overall internal governance structures of organisations.
This programme will provide participants with the multi-disciplinary skills to participate more effectively in compliance management and to understand a practical application of compliance best practice.
It is ideal for those who work in a control function within a financial services organisation and will be of particular interest to Compliance managers and senior managers together with those aspiring to these roles.
How you will benefit
This programme will support your personal and professional development.
- Provide you with the opportunity to develop comprehensive knowledge and expertise across a broad curriculum in Compliance and regulatory risk.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of ensuring robust compliance within financial services firms, while maintaining the trust of customers and wider stakeholders.
- Develop your thinking on key business challenges and ethical dilemmas faced by management when striving to improve business performance in regulated environments.
- Advance your ability to blend theory and practice in complex and specific situations to improve business performance.
- Enhance your business judgement, critical analysis and problem solving skills.
Individuals who complete the MSc in Compliance are entitled to apply for the designation ‘Fellow of the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland’ and use the designatory letters FCOI. Continued use of this designation is subject to meeting ACOI’s Continuing Professional Development requirements. FCOI is the highest-level designation the ACOI offers its members.
You will study eight modules as follows:
- Ethics and Corporate Governance (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Managing for Compliance (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Financial / White Collar Crime Prevention (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Data Protection Policies and Procedures (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- International Financial Services Regulation (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Designing an Internal Governance Framework (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Research Methods and Methodology (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Applied Project (NFQ Level 9, 20 ECTS)
The MSc is accredited and awarded by UCD (at postgraduate level 9).
Students who leave the programme on successful completion of the first six modules are eligible for the exit award Graduate Diploma in Compliance from UCD (postgraduate level 9).
Postgraduate courses are delivered on a part-time basis and students can register for a maximum of two modules per semester. Each 10 ECTS module comprises of up to 30 delivery hours per semester.
24 months part-time.
Assessment is a combination of project work, continuous assessment and written exams.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
- Students admitted to the MSc in Compliance must have completed an undergraduate degree programme in a relevant area in a business, legal or cognate discipline with a minimum Honours 2.2 and at least 3 years' relevant work experience.
- Applicants who do not hold a primary degree but have relevant work experience at a middle or senior management level are eligible to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Professional body membership
You must be a current member of the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland, or become a member, to register for this programme.
Membership is currently €150 per year.
For further information on fees please see the application guidelines for this programme.
Grant funding of up to 25% is available to Summit Finuas Network members.
If you would like to express an interest in this programme click here