Who is this programme for?
This programme is designed to meet the needs of:
- Staff who are who are required to meet the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code in relation to Debt Management Services
- Front office retail banking staff who are involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections
- Back office staff including underwriters, mortgage restructure solutions specialists and other mortgage support staff involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections
- Staff working in firms which provide specialist mortgage arrears and collections support to mortgage lenders (Outsourcing/Insourcing)
- Accountants, Lawyers, Personal Insolvency Practitioners and other professionals who are involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections
- Regulatory staff
- Compliance staff
- Credit review staff
- Internal audit staff
- Credit policy staff.
How you will benefit
- The Professional Certificate in Personal Debt Management and Personal Insolvency is a specialist education programme that offers a unique, independent, university-level qualification.
- It provides staff with the necessary knowledge and skills which are required to engage directly with indebted customers including mortgage customers who are experiencing financial difficulties and to develop a range of robust financial solutions.
- It satisfies the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code in relation to Debt Management Services.
- It supports professional staff who work with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections.
Minimum Competency Code
This module and the attaching APA (Debt Management Services) designation satisfies the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code. The module is specially designed for those working in either Debt Management firms or those who require new competencies to enable them to provide debt management services to consumers and micro enterprises.
Those who successfully complete the module are invited to apply for the APA (Debt Management Services) designation. Continued use of the designation is subject to meeting annual CPD requirements.
You study one module:
- Personal Debt Management and Personal Insolvency (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Personal Debt Management and Personal Insolvency (level 8) from UCD.
Online, workshops, webinars
- Combination of continuous assessment and written exam
- Three-hour exam at the end of the semester
- The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy
a) Individuals seeking admission to the Professional Certificate in Personal Debt Management and Personal Insolvency will have 3 years’ experience (full time) in a relevant banking role and completed the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice or equivalent 30 ECTS Level 7 programme.
b) Individuals who possess an honours degree (Min. Hons 2.2, Level 8 NFQ).
c) Admission will also be considered from experienced professionals who do not meet the minimum admission requirements as set out above, who can demonstrate learning based on work and training experience e.g. Individuals employed in a Financial Advice role in Financial Services.
You must be a current member of the Institute, or become a member, to undertake this programme
You may be required to purchase a textbook/etextbook. Please contact the Institute for further information.
If you are a CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.