A new badge of excellence in the Irish banking profession
Professional Banker is a prestigious new designation in the Irish banking profession. Professional Bankers are recognised for their banking knowledge, customer focus and professionalism. Professional Bankers benefit from an enhanced status in Ireland’s financial services industry and designates are entitled to use the designation ‘Professional Banker’.
On completion of the Professional Diploma in Financial Services and the Foundation Certificate graduates will be invited to become a Professional Banker and members retain their designation by complying with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. Designates are entitled to use the designation ‘Professional Banker’.
Benefits of becoming a Professional Banker
- The knowledge and confidence of achieving an academic qualification from UCD, Ireland’s largest university
- An enhanced standing in the Irish banking industry and recognition of competence and skills
- Connection to a dynamic network of like-minded banking professionals
- Access to a range of lifelong learning opportunities including a number of events
- Resources and supports to maximise career development opportunities
- A deeper understanding of banking and changing customer expectations
Professional Banker Portal
- Professional Bankers have access to a dedicated online portal where they can read and download articles of interest, view and manage their CPD and connect with other Professional Bankers through an online forum. You can access the portal by logging onto MyInstitute