Chartered Banker is a gold standard, internationally recognised, professional designation in financial services. With members and students in more than 50 countries, the global community of Chartered Bankers continues to grow and expand. In Ireland the designation is jointly awarded by The Institute of Banking and the Chartered Banker Institute (Scotland).
Chartered Bankers are recognised as highly qualified professional bankers, well equipped for a management career or leadership role in banking.
On completion of the Professional Diploma in Banking or the Graduate Diploma in Financial Services graduates will be invited to become a Chartered Banker (subject to relevant work experience in banking and/or financial services). Designates are entitled to use the designation ‘Chartered Banker’.
Benefits of becoming a Chartered Banker
- The knowledge and confidence of achieving an academic qualification from UCD, Ireland’s largest university
- Professional status: Chartered Bankers are recognised as demonstrating the highest standards of customer-focused, ethical professionalism
- Up-to-date and well informed of changes and updates in the Financial Services sector
- Networking opportunities with banking peers and other professionals, helping develop and build business and career opportunities
- Access to a range of career-long learning material online designed specifically to help both your professional and personal development
Chartered Banker Portal
- Chartered Bankers have access to a dedicated online portal where they can read and download articles of interest, view and manage their CPD and connect with other Chartered Bankers through an online forum. You can access the portal by logging onto MyInstitute