Who is this programme for?
The MSc in Compliance is designed to give Compliance and other control professionals the knowledge and skills they need to implement effective compliance structures and enhance the overall internal governance structures of organisations.
This programme will provide participants with the multi-disciplinary skills to participate more effectively in compliance management and to understand a practical application of compliance best practice.
It is ideal for those who work in a control function within a financial services organisation and will be of particular interest to Compliance managers and senior managers together with those aspiring to these roles.
How you will benefit
This programme will support your personal and professional development.
- Provide you with the opportunity to develop comprehensive knowledge and expertise across a broad curriculum in Compliance and regulatory risk.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of ensuring robust compliance within financial services firms, while maintaining the trust of customers and wider stakeholders.
- Develop your thinking on key business challenges and ethical dilemmas faced by management when striving to improve business performance in regulated environments.
- Advance your ability to blend theory and practice in complex and specific situations to improve business performance.
- Enhance your business judgement, critical analysis and problem solving skills.
Members who complete the MSc in Compliance, and who commit to completing Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, qualify to become Fellows of the ACOI and to use the designatory letters FCOI.
You will study eight modules as follows:
- Ethics and Corporate Governance (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Managing for Compliance (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Financial Crime Prevention (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Data Protection Policies and Procedures (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- International Financial Services Regulation (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Designing an Internal Governance Framework (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Research Methods and Methodology (NFQ Level 9, 10 ECTS)
- Applied Project (NFQ Level 9, 20 ECTS)
The MSc is accredited and awarded by UCD (at postgraduate level 9).
Students who leave the programme on successful completion of the first six modules are eligible for the exit award Graduate Diploma in Compliance from UCD (postgraduate level 9).
Postgraduate courses are delivered on a part-time basis and students can register for a maximum of two modules per semester. Each 10 ECTS module comprises of up to 30 delivery hours per semester.
24 months part-time.
Assessment is a combination of project work, continuous assessment and written exams.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
- Honours degree (second class honours grade 2 award or higher) in a business, legal or cognate discipline with completion of the Professional Diploma in Compliance (level 7) and at least 3 years' management experience in a compliance role; or
- Those who do not hold a degree or the Professional Diploma in Compliance (level 7), but have relevant middle or senior management experience in a control function (compliance, audit, credit or treasury) are eligible to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Professional body membership
You must be a current member of the Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland, or become a member, to register for this programme.
Membership is currently €150 per year.
For further information on fees please see the application guidelines for this programme.
Grant funding of up to 25% is available to Summit Finuas Network members.
If you would like to express an interest in this programme click here
To download the programme brochure click here