Who is this programme for?
The Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services Risk Management (Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Risk Culture) is a specialist risk management programme for people working or seeking to work in the Investment Fund Services industry.
The programme was designed in conjunction with operational risk professionals working in investment funds services and the Professional Certificate is the benchmark Operational Risk Management qualification for the investment fund servicing industry in Ireland. The programme is a progression for individuals who have completed the Professional Certificate and Diploma in Investment Fund Services.
The programme is designed to provide a deep, practical understanding of the key practical and relevant operational risk management risks facing investment fund services professionals in Ireland today and will improve business performance.
The programme is relevant to:
- Holders of the Professional Certificate and Diploma in Investment Funds Services
- Investment fund services compliance and risk professionals
- Those working in Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency and Custody roles
- Central function professionals including; Operational risk, Internal audit, Legal, Finance, Technology, Change management.
- Lawyers working in asset management and investor funds groups
- Auditors who provide risk management, audit and advisory services
- Regulatory bodies funds supervision e.g. The Central Bank of Ireland, stockbrokers, business consultants and other professionals who provide risk management advisory services.
How you will benefit
The programme will provide you with:
- A thorough understanding of the key practical and relevant operational risks facing investment fund services professionals in Ireland today primarily in the fund accounting, transfer agency and custody areas.
- A deep and practical understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of operational and conduct risk management.
- An understanding of the components of Risk Culture.
- Global best practice tools for the identification, assessment, measurement and management of operational risks.
- The knowledge and skills to capture, report and investigate operational risk events, how to produce meaningful Risk MI including Key Risk Indicator (KRI) data and trend analysis, and how to implement operational risk appetite.
- An understanding of the operational risk frameworks, measurement methodologies and best practices.
- An understanding of how to manage an operational risk assessment programme and apply it in the workplace.
- An ability to blend theory and practice in Operational Risk management to improve business performance.
- One year’s membership of PRMIA.
Dual award from UCD and PRMIA
- Successful participants will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services Risk Management (Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Risk Culture) by UCD. This is a level 8 qualification on the NFQ and carries 15 ECTS.
- Successful participants will also be awarded the globally recognised PRMIA Operational Risk Manager Certificate. Please see: http://www.prmia.org/orm-certificate/what-is-the-orm-certificate for more information.
- PRMIA is globally recognised as a leading educator of risk management professionals and is active in nearly every major financial center worldwide with 50,000+ members represented in over 65 countries. Details on the PRMIA Global Operational Risk Manager Certificate Award are available on the Institute website.
You will study two module as follows:
- Operational Risk Management in Investment Fund Services (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
- Risk Management Framework, Culture and Best Practices (NFQ Level 8, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete the programme you will be awarded the Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services Risk Management (Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Risk Culture) (level 8) from UCD.
The Operational Risk Management in Investment Fund Services module is assessed by:
- Continuous assessment - 10%.
- An end-of-semester two-hour written exam - 90%.
The Risk Management Framework, Culture and Best Practices module is assessed by:
- An end-of-semester two-hour written exam – 100%
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
a) Individuals seeking admission to the Professional Certificate in Investment Fund Services Risk Management (Operational Risk, Conduct Risk and Risk Culture) will have 5 years’ experience in the Funds Industry with at least 2 years in a Supervisory or Senior Administrator role and completed the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services (15 ECTS, Level 7).
b) Individuals who possess an honours degree (Min. H2.2, Level 8 NFQ).
c) Admission will also be considered from experienced professionals who do not meet the minimum admission requirements as set out above, who can demonstrate learning based on work and training experience e.g. Individuals employed in a Senior Funds role with responsibility for decision-making.
Summit Finuas Programme Price: €785
Non Member Price:
- Operational Risk Management in Investment Fund Services €550
- Risk Management Framework, Culture and Best Practices €495
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of The Institute of Banking, or become a member, to register for this programme. Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
Online, workshop, webinars
6 February 2017.