Click here to view the class timetable for Semester 2, 2016/2017.
Who is this programme for?
The programme is highly relevant for:
- Senior and middle management in banks and financial services firms who have responsibility for business strategy, product and service development, product management, marketing, data management, business intelligence, customer service and distribution channels
- Senior and middle management who have responsibility for information technology
- Staff in banks and financial services firms who are involved in the delivery of products and services and in working with customers through omni-channels.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
– Discuss the range of digital technologies associated with emerging customer preferences in financial services and the opportunities to deliver customer value and improve performance
– Understand the role of digital systems in banking strategy and competitiveness, building on existing core strengths
– Understand the key management issues relating to the delivery of a compelling customer experience and developing closer customer relations in the new digital age
– Apply lessons learned from other industries to financial services organisations
– Critically reflect upon your own professional role and contribution to your organisation, in the context of the application of digital technologies and system
– Explain what is meant by customer experience management from a services perspective and demonstrate an understanding of the customer relationship cycle
– Demonstrate an understanding of changing customer expectations and behaviours in the digital age
– Understand the loyalty ladder, customer portfolio management and other key elements of building customer trust and loyalty
– Discuss the ethical conduct underpinning interactions with customers in a digital environment
– Consider what the future might hold in terms of further technological developments and in creating new value propositions for customers.
You study two modules:
• Banking in a Digital Age (NFQ Level 8, 10 ECTS)
• Customer Experience Management (NFQ Level 8, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Banking in a Digital Age (level 8) from UCD.
Online, workshops, eLearning
• Combination of continuous assessment and written exams
• Exam duration for Banking in a Digital Age: 180 minutes
• Exam duration for Customer Experience Management: 120 minutes
• The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy
a) Individuals seeking admission to the Professional Certificate in Banking in a Digital Age will have 3 years’ experience (full time) in a relevant Banking role and completed the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice or equivalent 30ECTS Level 7 programme.
b) Individuals who possess an honours degree (Min. 2.2, Level 8 NFQ).
c) Admission will also be considered from experienced professionals who do not meet the minimum admission requirements as set out above, who can demonstrate learning based on work and training experience e.g. individuals in a relevant banking role with responsibility for decision-making.
- Banking in a Digital Age: €495
- Customer Experience Management: €475
Please note that there is a core textbook required for each module. This can be purchased at the same time as your module registration.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Membership is currently €40 per calendar year.
You may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.