Who is this programme for?
The Professional Certificate in Residential Mortgage Arrears is a specialist education programme that offers a university level qualification. The programme is designed to meet the needs of front office retail staff, back office staff including underwriters, mortgage restructure solutions specialists and other mortgage support staff who are involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections.
The programme may also be beneficial to staff working in firms which provide specialist mortgage arrears and collections support to mortgage lenders (outsourcing/insourcing) and accountants, lawyers and other professionals involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears and collections.
How you will benefit
This programme will:
- Provide you with a detailed understanding of the Personal Insolvency Act 2012
- Provide you with knowledge and understanding into the research, recommendations and strategies from various reviews of mortgage arrears in this area. These include:
- The Keane Report and its main recommendations
- The Mortgage Arrears and Personal Debt Group (The Cooney Report) and its main recommendations
- Provide an understanding of outsourcing in the context of mortgage arrears management, including the regulatory requirements that apply to the outsourcing of regulated activities
- Enhance and apply your knowledge and skills in the direct engagement with mortgage customers who are experiencing financial difficulties, with the objective of developing a range of solutions. This involves:
- Demonstrating, using an online model and detailed online case studies, how best to support customers in completing the Standard Financial Statement
- Identifying appropriate alternative financial solutions specific to the case studies
- Highlighting the key behavioural skills, care and diligence which are necessary to effectively engage with customers who are experiencing financial difficulties
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of the various consumer protection related regulations and requirements, including the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears (CCMA) and the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP)
You study one module as follows:
- Residential Mortgage Arrears (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Residential Mortgage Arrears (level 7) from UCD.
- Two-hour written exam at the end of the semester
- The pass mark is 40%
The minimum second level educational requirements for entry to the Professional Certificate in Residential Mortgage Arrears are as follows:
· Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
· Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
You must be a member of the Institute or become a member to do this programme
If you are a CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.