Who is this programme for?
A unique and specific programme, the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services is designed to support the industry’s day-to-day activities.
It provides a broad view of the structure, purpose and operation of an international investment fund throughout its life-cycle. It considers the working of the international investment fund industry.
The programme will appeal to those working and those seeking to work in the investment funds industry and newly practising professionals working in the asset management and investment funds areas in the (legal and auditing) professional advisory firms.
Through continual industry engagement, direction and feedback, the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services reflects the most current industry developments and practice. The content flows from an introduction and contextualisation of the fund as an investment product, the portfolio instruments used and relevant market and risk considerations. The development and reprioritisation of the transfer agency section reflects current activities including Anti-Money Laundering regulation, CRS and FATCA. The Fund Accounting and Valuation module includes multi-share classes, derivatives, advanced instruments, alternative investment strategies, equalisation and controls.
How you will benefit
The overall aim of the programme is to describe the various functions and parties to an investment fund, their role and to detail the servicing areas in the administration of investment funds and how each area interacts with each other. It will enable you to:
- Describe the various functions and parties to an investment fund, their roles and how they interrelate.
- Discuss the major fund manufacturing jurisdictions and the role of outsourcing and specialist servicing jurisdictions in the international fund industry.
- Describe the legal and regulatory framework in which the fund industry administers investment funds including different fund structures, portfolio instruments and strategies.
- Calculate the Net Asset Value (NAV) for single and multi-share class funds and develop a thorough understanding of the importance of an accurate NAV and the controls surrounding its calculation.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the custodian in the global investment funds industry.
- Explain the main custody services including cash management, dealing and settlements.
- Explain the main shareholder services including registration, investor trade processing and investor-level fee calculations.
- Consider and develop a strong awareness of AML regulation, FATCA and other major international industry initiatives and developments.
This programme is offered in partnership with Irish Funds (if).
You study three modules:
- Introduction to Investment Funds (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Fund Accounting and Valuation for International Investment Funds (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Custody and Transfer Agency (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
Blended – online and face-to-face practical workshops.
- End of semester exams
- Written, case-study and essay-style questions
- Exam duration: 2 hours
The pass mark is 40% in line with UCD academic policy.
*Please note: The exam for the Introduction to Investment Funds module will take place on 10 December 2016.
The minimum second level educational requirements for entry to the Professional Certificate in International Investment Fund Services are as follows:
· Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
· Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member to do this programme.
Summit Finuas price: €1,425*
*2016 modules are eligible for Summit Finuas Network funding for a limited number of places on a first come, first served basis.
If you are a QFA, CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete this qualification.
Further information is available here.
If you would like to Express an Interest in this programme please click here