Who is this programme for?
This programme is designed for an ever increasing range of people working in the international financial services area who are engaged in activities which now require a good working knowledge of the characteristics of derivative products and complex financial instruments.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Explain how the most common complex financial instruments and derivatives work and understand their uses
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of differing instruments and explain how they can be used for speculation, arbitrage, hedging and general risk management
- Describe how these instruments are used for investment strategies within the major asset classes (equities, currencies, bonds, commodities and property)
- Appraise the role of regulation and the rating agencies in the application of financial instruments
- Understand the role that complex financial instruments played in the recent market turmoil and what lessons can be learned for the future
- Review the use of complex financial instruments in financial institutions from an internal and external viewpoint, including accounting treatment/reporting, risk management and regulation
Complex Financial Instruments (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in Complex Financial Instruments (level 7) from UCD.
- Two-hour exam at the end of the programme
- The exam consists of written, essay-style questions
- The pass mark is 40%
The minimum second level educational requirements for entry to the Professional Certificate in Complex Financial Instruments in International Financial Services are as follows:
- Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
- Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
Experience in derivatives, although preferable, is not a requirement for registering for the programme.
You must be a member of the Institute or become a member to do this programme.
Summit Finuas Price: €940
If you are a QFA, CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete this qualification.
Further information is available here.
If you would like to Express an Interest in this programme please click here