Who is this programme for?
This two-module, level 7 qualification is designed for those who are working in operations and service support roles in banking and fund services. The programme builds on lean principles which have originated in manufacturing and the communications technology industry and applies them to financial services in order to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement lean principles in their working environment.
The programme is designed to provide participants with a practical understanding of lean principles including Flow Efficiency, Continuous Learning, Transparency and Feedback Loops, Resource efficiency vs Flow efficiency and the tools required to implement lean principles to increase efficiency, productivity and personal and organisational performance.
The programme is relevant to people who are working in operations and service support roles in financial services including:
Banking and fund services professionals in:
- Change management
- Fund administration
- Transfer agency.
How you will benefit
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Critically understand the Lean concepts such as Flow Efficiency, Continuous Learning, Transparency and Feedback Loops
- Apply the tools of Lean practice to improve business performance in a financial services supports context
- Design and implement strategies to successfully adopt lean practices in a financial services environment
- Assess through knowledge and analytical competences how Lean practices would impact work processes in your business
- Understand and identify the Lean practices and have the tools that are most likely to add value in your own work context
- Constructively contribute to discussions and decisions about adoption of lean principles in your own work context.
You study two modules as follows:
- Lean Principles & Practice (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
- Implementing Lean Principles and Practice (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
When you successfully complete this programme you will be awarded a Professional Certificate in the Principles of Lean Operations in Financial Services (level 7) from UCD.
Face-to-face practical workshops
100% continuous assessment
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The minimum second level educational requirements for entry are as follows:
- Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
- Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
€510 per module
If you are a QFA, CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete this qualification.
Further information is available here.