Who is this programme for?
The Professional Certificate in People Management is for those who have, or aspire to have, team leadership and people management roles in an increasingly competitive market for financial services. As they manage the strategic management of the organisation and the staff who engage directly with clients, effective people managers are vital to success within the financial services industry.
This programme introduces the role of the people manager and develops the core skills of self-management, communication, coaching, motivation and performance management that are needed by anyone who manages people and delivers results. It also prepares participants to respond constructively to the pace of change in the financial services industry and to lead their teams in innovation and adapting to change.
The programme is particularly relevant to:
- Recently promoted supervisors or team leaders
- Those looking to develop or progress in a supervisor or team leader role
- Those looking to equip themselves for a supervisor or team leader role.
Benefits for you and your organisation
The programme will be of significant benefit to those relatively new to supervisor or manager roles, who will typically be very technically skilled. It will enable you to:
– Describe the key attributes of a successful people manager
– Explain how perceptions and attitudes affect the way in which individuals work
– Outline the people manager’s role in developing and implementing business plans and strategy
– Discuss the role of people manager as a leader in motivating employees, employee development and team performance
– Deal constructively with challenges such as managing absence and underperformance
– Devise appropriate strategies to prepare team members for change and implement a change programme
– Develop a culture of innovation within a team
– Discuss the impact of culture and managing multicultural teams on your team, your organisation and your clients
The aim of the programme is to give you:
- Confidence in supervising and managing teams
- An insight into your own strengths and areas for development as a people manager
We have made a number of significant enhancements to the programme including:
- 360 degree feedback is now included in the programme fee (a 360 degree feedback taken as an individual can cost up to €180)
- Revised content to reflect the changing work environment including managing change, coaching, motivation and innovation
- Revised assessment to support personal development.
The minimum entry requirements are as follows:
- Five passes in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Mathematics
- Five O Level/GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
The Institute will also consider applications on a mature candidate basis from applicants who are 23 years of age before the date of their application for admission to the programme.
Summit Finuas price: €350 per module; €700 in total
Non-member: €460 per module; €920 in total.
If you are a CPD member, LCOI or Chartered Banker, you may be awarded formal CPD hours when you successfully complete relevant modules within this qualification.
Further information is available here.