Who is this programme for?
This module leads to the designation APA (Debt Management Services) and satisfies the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code for those working in this area.
This module is designed to meet the needs of:
- Staff who are required to meet the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code in relation to Debt Management Services
- Front office retail banking staff who are involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears, collections and micro enterprises
- Back office staff including underwriters, mortgage restructure solutions specialists and other mortgage support staff involved with mortgage pre-arrears, arrears, collections and micro enterprises
- Staff working in firms which provide specialist mortgage arrears, micro enterprise arrears and collections support to mortgage and micro enterprise lenders (Outsourcing/Insourcing)
- SME relationship managers and their lending portfolio support staff
- Regulatory staff
- Compliance staff
- Credit review staff
- Internal audit staff
- Credit policy staff
How you will benefit
Minimum Competency Code - Professional Designation
This module and the attaching APA (Debt Management Services) designation satisfies the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code. The module is specially designed for those working in either Debt Management firms or those who require new competencies to enable them to provide debt management services to consumers and micro enterprises.
Those who successfully complete the module are invited to apply for the APA (Debt Management Services) designation. Continued use of the designation is subject to meeting annual CPD requirements.
You study one module:
- Debt Management Services (NFQ Level 7, 5 ECTS)
Online, workshops, eLearning
- Written exam of two hours at the end of the semester
- The pass mark is 40% in line with UCD academic policy
- Exams will take place in Athlone, Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Galway, Letterkenny, Limerick and Waterford (subject to demand).
Entry to this module is limited to:
- APA (Loans) designates or
- Holders of the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice (QFA) or equivalent or
- Those currently registered to sit Loans and Regulations
- You must be a current member of the Institute, or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Professional Body Membership
You must be a current member of the Institute or become a member, to undertake this programme.