The next available intake for this programme is in February 2017. The Programme Manager, Eva Kiss, would be delighted to discuss the programme with you directly.
Who is this programme for?
Unique in Europe, the Certified Bank Director programme is specially designed for the executive and non-executive directors of the main and subsidiary boards in banks. It is also relevant to senior banking executives and members of a bank’s executive committee.
The programme will give you a comprehensive understanding of the unique governance challenges associated with banks arising from the inherent complexity of banking business models and their risk profile. It draws on lessons from the banking crisis and looks in particular at capital, credit, risk and liquidity management.
One of the key objectives of the programme is to create a learning forum where the challenges can be explored and wisdom and insights dissected and shared.
How you will benefit
You will be encouraged to explore and develop a deep understanding of the:
- Responsibilities of directors and the behaviours required of them and of well-functioning boards.
- Unique governance issues in banks arising from the complexity of their business model, risk profile and regulation.
- Development and monitoring of strategy plans to enable profitable, sustainable growth aligned with fair outcomes for customers.
- Systemic implications of banks’ risk related policies in the context of strategy and the relationships between capital, risk appetite, profitability and stakeholder maximisation.
- Measurement and control of funding, risk and stress testing, with a particular emphasis on credit risk management.
- Lessons from the banking crisis globally and the likely future development of banking.
You study nine modules as follows:
- Bank Governance – Introduction
- Overview of Basel and CRD
- Bank Regulation
- Credit (Risk and Philosophy)
- Liquidity Management
- Analysis of Bank Financial Statements
- Bank Strategy (Including Stress Testing)
- Bank Governance II
Certified Bank Director
Please note:the Certified Bank Director programme does not carry any academic credits (ECTS) and does not form part of a university award.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the Certified Bank Director designation from the Institute of Banking.
The Certified Bank Director programme is delivered two times per year in Dublin. From 2016, the programme will also be delivered once a year in London.
Delivery is via workshops and lectures.
The programme comprises 9 modules delivered over 10 days across two blocks of five days’ duration each.
Written assessment in the form of a learning journal, per block. Frequently used in university level executive education, a learning journal is a reflective log that records the key aspects of your learning, applying it to your own experiences in a work setting. The journal is evaluated and graded to assess your knowledge, synthesis, analysis and development. The learning journal is confidential, shared only with the Programme Director.
The programme is for executive and non-executive directors of the main and subsidiary boards in banks. It is also relevant to senior banking executives and members of a bank’s executive committee. Entry is assessed based on an application.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Once you hold the Certified Bank Director designation, you are required to complete 6 CPD hours annually.
€10,500 or £10,250
Associated annual CPD fee €355